USCCA Defensive Shooting Fundamentals 1
Our USCCA Defensive Shooting Fundamentals level 1 course will guide you through the steps you’ll need to go from just sending rounds downrange to actually training in specific, tested methods of armed self-defense.
From stance to grip to physical shooting technique, defensive Shooting Fundamentals Level 1 will help you hone the edge on your inner warrior expert. You’ll get your body working with your gun instead of against it.
You will learn which intuitive skills work best with what your body will naturally do while under stress in a combat situation, and you’ll learn to apply this information simply and effectively – regardless of your skill level.
This is a live fire course conducted 100% on the range, some things we cover are:
- Training in crucial handgun skills
- Warrior expert theory
- Counter ambush training
- Balance of speed and precision
- Stance and movement
- Grip and trigger control
- Presentation from holster and ready position
- Shooting from retention and emergency reloads
- Diagnosing your misses
- Defensive shooting drills and simulation
This course is great for those that already have a license to carry. While this course is great for new and advanced shooters you MUST already know how to use and operate a handgun. This is NOT a learn to shoot course.
What to bring:
- Handgun 9mm or bigger (no “pocket pistols”)
- A strong side holster
- Magazine holster (capable of holding 2 mags)
- Minimum 300 rounds of factory ammo (no reloads)
- Eye protection (any type of glasses)
- We provide electric hearing protection
- Hat with brim (baseball cap)
Handgun and ammo requirements:
Your firearm must have all factory-installed safety devices intact and have no modifications (such as a “hair” trigger less than 4 pounds, removed trigger guard, etc.). “Pocket Pistols” are not allowed due to their very small size and difficulty of use.
Holsters must correctly fit the firearm, completely cover the trigger guard and remain open when the firearm is removed. Factory ammunition is required, NO reloads.
Since this defensive shooting fundamentals course is 100% live fire training on the range, you must first complete an online eLearning course that you purchase directly from the USCCA for $30. (see steps below)
The online eLearning course must be completed before you can attend our live fire in person course. After completing the online course you instantly receive a certificate that you must show us to attend the live fire course.
Steps to enroll:
- Call the USCCA at 1-877-577-4800 to purchase the eLearning module for the defensive shooting fundamentals one course for $30. It will also include a great illustrated book. You need to finish this online course before attending our live fire portion.
- Register here on our website for our defensive shooting fundamentals level one course. You can see our next course dates at the bottom of this page or see all of our courses HERE.
Upcoming Class dates
No classes scheduled at this time. Check back soon!