USCCA Certified Instructor Course
If you’re ready to become a highly trained firearms instructor who is prepared to arm their students with an exceptional education then you’re ready to become a USCCA Nationally Certified firearms Instructor!
USCCA Instructors are certified to teach concealed carry, basic defensive handgun, home defense, active shooter and gun shot wound/first aid. That’s five certifications in one! No need to obtain multiple instructor certifications.
Toolkits are available for all five courses and they include industry leading, professional power points and class materials put together by experts. All five courses and power points are put together for you, all you have to do is teach them!
USCCA instructors are certified to teach concealed carry classes in many States. In States that certify their own instructors, the USCCA instructor certification may meet the prerequisite requirement needed to get certified by the State. (see States below).
Benefits Of Being A Certified Instructor
- You will be able to advertise yourself and your classes under the USCCA brand, and will be provided with USCCA logos for print materials, your website, social media, and apparel.
- Your name and classes will be advertised on the USCCA website.
- Your classes will be referred to those in search of a class near you by the USCCA Member Services team.
- You will be able to provide your students with a USCCA certificate so that they are able to apply for a CCW permit in their home state.
- You will be able to earn 50% commission on any students of yours that you refer to join the USCCA.
- You will be afforded premium discounts on bulk textbook purchases.
- You will be able to purchase a case of the latest issue of Concealed Carry Magazine at a 83% discount.
- You will be eligible to purchase additional USCCA branded curriculum at the discount and add certifications to your resume by taking additional training with USCCA Training Counselors.
- You will have unrestricted access to the USCCA Instructor Portal where you will find presentation support videos, lesson plans, registration forms, quizzes, state supplements, etc…
- You will be qualified to apply to become a USCCA Training Counselor and certify others to be instructors.
Purchase and complete the 8 hour online training module with the USCCA. At this time, you will also purchase your USCCA Instructor Toolkit (class in a box) which includes your professional classroom PowerPoint presentations, 10 copies of Concealed Carry & Home Defense Fundamentals by Michael Martin, a classroom poster, 10 copies of Concealed Carry Magazine, and a USCCA Instructor Polo and range cap. Everything you need to start holding classes.
Working in collaboration with expert photographers, illustrators and videographers, the USCCA has created what’s now considered to be the industry standard for concealed carry, basic defense pistol and home defense Power Points and textbooks.
The total cost for the online training module and the instructor toolkit is $250 payed directly to the USCCA when you order.
You must complete the online training module at least one week before your class date.
Make sure to tell them you are signing up for a instructor certification course and your training counselor is Heather Reitsma, instructor #729655.
Call 1-877-577-4800 to purchase your eLearning module and to order your instructor toolkit from USCCA. You will receive your instructor toolkit after completing our in person course.
Take our one day (12 hour) in person course consisting of classroom instruction, hands-on breakout sessions, and live-fire exercises. You must complete step 1 and step 2 before becoming a USCCA certified instructor.
Some counselors hold the instructor course over a 2 day period but because we own our own range and training center, we are able to hold the 12 hour course in one day making it easier for those that may be flying in from other States.
The cost for our certification course is $347. Payment is made in class via cash, personal check or money order.
Our in person course covers the following topics as required by the USCCA.
- Course Introduction and FAQs
- Instructor Mistakes
- Teaching Best Practices
- Managing a Safe Live Fire Range
- Live Fire Exercises
- Presenting the Student Multimedia
- Marketing Your Business
- Final Test and Review
Successful completion of this course will earn you the right to be called a United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Instructor. Your certification is approved to teach concealed carry classes in 24 States on top of the other USCCA courses you will be able to teach. You will be listed on the USCCA Instructor website and your classes will be searchable to prospective students on the USCCA website.
USCCA Certified Instructors are certified to teach concealed carry classes in 24 States:
AlaskaConnecticutDelawareFloridaIdahoIllinoisIowaKansasKentuckyMaineMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaOklahomaSouth CarolinaTenesseeTexasUtahVirginiaWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming
The USCCA is working with many other states to meet their legal requirements.
Upcoming USCCA Certified Instructor Courses